Ballet – January 2014

I had this idea for a while about a ballet piece and on getting to grips with the basics of Zbrush I dived in. The female was anatomically correct, and the male did to a point, but I really do not like the face. Oh I used reference from 3d.sk to build the characters, with a few tweaks to make them look a little more proportional. Something I noticed in a real photo of someone can look really distorted in 3D. So artistic eye is needed to re proportion the characters to look “real”.
The final idea was based on a photo of ballet dancers. So it is a real and possible pose. The sss shader was a edited shader that I used on the previous piece Princess Mononoke.
Created in December to January 2012-13.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s