Making Whoopi

I finally got round to my Whoopi Goldberg bust and I’m very happy with the results.

master

It took two days mainly because I was tweaking it here and there (the hand took a while to look right), and wanting to make sure I didn’t miss anything. The braids and glasses were created by decimating the bust and hand, importing to max, modelling the glasses as edit mesh, then the braids as splines, layering them (it took hours), then exporting the braids and glasses back as editable meshes. A little noise on the braids after gave it the nice look.

clay_renders

I created a few alphas for it, mainly the outside of the hand and one for the inside too. I may work on a hand study in a few weeks. I think it would be beneficial to try and make a hyper realistic hand. Also I incorporated layers into the work flow which solved a lot of problems along the way (mainly on the lips, hands and pose).

Anyway lastly I decimated each object separately, then exported to Marmoset for some additional renders. I think the zbrush renders turned out better than the marmoset ones, but it’s always nice to be able to have more render options such as marmoset (its well priced software too, being under £100 with updates).

marmoste

In the end the marmoset model was about 400 thousand polys. It really is a balance between running the software comfortably and having increased detail. It can really chug along at higher poly counts!

 

Anyway hope you like the model

Advertisements
This entry was posted in 3D Art, 3D artist, anatomy, Bust, Tutorials, Zbrush and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s